Pages

Wednesday, 2 September 2026

Trains and a Phoenix

 Not much happening recently - I try to drive at least once a week and I tend to go to the same old places and same routes, so I don't bore my many 1000s of fans with all that.

This weekend, I had a slightly different route ending up at the Chalet Cafe for breakfast (they do a great omelette). This was Barry with all our friends:


Strange how quiet it was, the weather was pretty good? In fact, the roads were very quiet as well and I had a fun drive. I also popped along to a local model railway society's open day:


When I was about 12, I used to volunteer at a similar place and still have a soft spot for steam engines.

I recently was a bit worried about the tramlining which seemed to be worse than before, so I checked the tyre pressures; the fronts were only 6 psi below what they should be but once pumped up, the tramlining was gone. Amazing how much of a difference a few psi makes and I need to remember this for future.

In other news, my son finally got a payout on his M4 - and he's bought it back off copart and is rebuilding it!! More details in this forum post, if you're interested.


No comments:

Post a Comment