Pages

Saturday, 8 August 2026

A lot of Motion

 Another weekend, another trip to see cars - what a nerd I am. This weekend was the semi-famous Bicester Motion event, held oop norff (for me) on an ex-WW2 airfield which is now a collection of old hangars and small, shed-like engineering firms.

I'd heard a lot of good things about it, so I thought I'd give it a go. It was a good hour and a half trip if I stuck to the motorway, which I don't like doing, so my A-road version took me 2 hours and it was OK but I don't know this part of the world well enough to find the best roads, so I was stuck on the A-roads which were OK in places but too busy.

The event itself was pretty impressive; a huge number of cars from the 80s onwards (not too much before that), lots of (expensive) food and a live stage which I didn't bother with.

There were several owners clubs there, including Porsche GB:

A MASSIVE display of Caterhams:


A fair percentage of the S2000s in the country:


And a ton of modern Beemers, Ferraris, Mclarens, Mustangs etc:




Several funky oldies:







A recently restored Roller with a 27 litre Meteor engine, good for 850bhp:


Notice anything weird about this Mini?


Yup, 2 steering wheels. The doofus on the Mini stand didn't even know why it was like that - a couple of us looked it up and it might be a film car, where the actor uses one wheel while the stunt driver actually drives from the other one?

A few other beauties:





And my fave of the day - Aston Vantage convertible in Storm Purple; stunning:


I actually only spent 2 hours there, which was just about enough time to see it all. 

My return journey took me even longer as I tried to find some decent B-roads, with only partial success. A fun day out and my head is more burnt than ever.

Since my shock absorber replacements, the ride is really hard and if anything, seems to be getting harder! Admittedly, the roads in Oxfordshire seem worse than Surrey but maybe I should check my tyre pressures, not done that for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment