I joined in a run from a new group, the Gentlemens Driving Club. Interestingly, they are very strict about no girls allowed, which is different. Pretty rare for any girls in most of the groups I see anyway, so no biggie and my wife is never going to come on any of these runs with me.
It was an eclectic group who are mostly based on the south coast, so I may not do much more with them. As it was, I met them at Chichester which is almost 90 minutes from home. About 20 cars turned up, mostly BMWs but also a couple of Porsches, Ford RSs, a nice GR86, GR Yaris and an old (well, same age as Barry) Vantage:
What followed was a frantically fast run up past Goodwood (the original plan was to stop there but the cafe was closed for Revival preparations) followed by a ubiquitous pop and bang run through the Hindhead tunnel (Ford RS doing the pops and bangs).
We returned back through the tunnel and flew down to C&M for a coffee and natter before I had a fun run back home on some reasonably quiet roads.
So an interesting day, with some like-minded hooligans, although there were a lot of 'tats on display 😀
Back home, I spent 10 minutes sorting out the most common Boxster issue - elastic not pulling the roof in properly:
Luckily, all that was needed was a new hole cutting and fitting over the screw. The whole thing looks a bit worse for wear, so it may need something more involved next time.
Wales next weekend...looking forward to it.





No comments:
Post a Comment