Pages

Sunday, 27 September 2026

The Krauts are coming!

 The annual German car day at Brooklands museum was an excuse for a trip out, along with the fact I haven't been to the museum this year at all and I like to support the place. Not that they need my help - the place was heaving...

I got parked on the edge of the action but with quite a nice backdrop of the original Brooklands track:


As always, lots of beautiful cars on display:








This weird old Merc body fitted with a modern 6.3L V8 had a very industrial paint job and those pipes in the back were, I think, just for show as the engine was running and they weren't hot:



This may be my old person retired choice car one day:


I also did mange to squeeze into an older F1 car, just:


I spent as much time in the actual museum sections, which normally I skim over when I'm here with people. Nice to get time to read more about the exhibits and the history, of which there is a lot.

A fun couple of hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment