Pages

Friday 2 August 2024

Exhausted

 Just a short update - went to the local exhaust place (my son has used them numerous times as he always gets exhaust work done on every new car of his) and they found several leaks; 2 in the joins where the manifold meets the cats and several in the rear silencers.

I just cannot afford to replace the full system, so I asked them to initially just repair the holes in the front section and I will look to buy a new rear catback section.

Now, I feel that I have been ripped off a bit - £400 to weld up the holes on the front section?! I wish I had shopped around first...

I think I have decided on a Top Gear catback exhaust, which is £700. There is a cheap one on eBay for £300 (Toyo sport) but there are lots of stories of them only lasting a couple of years. Lots of option for much more than this as well but I'm not spending that much. The TGs aren't in stock at the moment but should be available in a couple of weeks - gives me time to get over the £400 front repair...


No comments:

Post a Comment