Pages

Sunday 4 August 2024

Goodwood Breakfast club

 Amazingly, summer is still going on and so a great day was had at the Goodwood Breakfast club meet. If you've not been, really worth a trip - it's free and there are such a great range of cars on display. Just the public car park is amazing with loads of supercars, a surprising number of kitcars (where were they when I was looking for people to come out with me?) and many, many Porsches.

I had a great drive down there using some side roads that are empty and twisty fun. Had a little play with a 997 Carrera S and while he accelerated away slightly faster than me, hardly anything in it - Boxsters rule!

So many great cars on the circuit itself:











This is the view down part of the track, to give you an idea of the numbers of people and cars:


That is less than half of the show....amazing!

On the trip back, I was behind a beautiful AM Vantage from the 70s, one of my favourite cars. A beautiful roar from it's V8 and more petrol coming out the exhaust that went into the engine. A little later, a slow convoy with a Ferrari (458?) and a crackling 308:

Great day out...


No comments:

Post a Comment