Pages

Tuesday 13 August 2024

Cranleigh Classic Car Show

 A sweltering hot, cloudless day made this huge show a little uncomfortable but more later...

I had a fun drive to the show to meet up with the rest of the Surrey Porksters at about 8.30am:


The place soon filled up with great cars - a Troop of Tigers:




Cohort of Cobras:



Herd of Stags:

Maul of Morgans:

Scourge of S2000s:

How did any car that looked this amazing not sell better? So what if it wasn't reliable - look at it!


My star of the show was this stunning TVR Chimera - never seen one in such good nick:


...and left a cheeky note on this very dusty Mustang:


At 30 degC, it was damn hot and I would have liked to stay a bit longer but the other half (she had come a little later with my son) was flagging, so we left around 2pm. Driving a convertible on a hot day with the aircon blowing on your feet is a bucket-list ticker.

It was such a nice evening that I went out later for a night drive - a little too late to get decent pics but this came out nicely:


I think I will need to change my coolant sensor - while cold, it keeps beeping at me and I get a message saying 'failure of instrument' or something like that. Looks to be a simple job and I may change my fan belt at the same time - no obvious mention in the service history of it ever being done before. Will also be an excuse to see the FRONT of my engine, to go with the top view.

No comments:

Post a Comment