Pages

Monday 30 September 2024

Brooklands Mayhem

 Brooklands museum held it's annual German car day and it was excellent...

The Surrey Porkers met up at a car park just outside Brooklands:

We drove over and queued up for a few minutes:


....and we had a very prominent position set aside for us (not quite sure how we managed that):


About 14 of us in total had a very enjoyable day. There was a Porsche-only event here a few weeks ago but I personally prefer a bit of variety, although, for some reason, I didn't take any pics - sorry about that. Suffice to say, huge numbers of Beemers, Audi's, Porsches, VWs - even an Audi A2 club (anyone remember that box from the early 00s?).

My son also came along in his C63 and the highlight of the day was his run up the Brooklands hill - while there were other C63s and similarly-powered cars there, nothing beats a C63 with a yobbo driving it. My son spun his wheels up the length of the hill, leaving an awesome tyre mark, lots of smoke and a cheering crowd. He had his 15 minutes of fame as numerous people came over to thank him, including the head of the MB sales team who personally owns a C63 and was heard to say to a potential customer, "this is the new C63 - but its not really" (the new C63 has a 4 litre V8, not the full-fat 6.3 litre). Video below:


I do wish I'd had a go in my car but it just didn't occur to me - next year.

My new exhaust is settling in nicely and sounds great, really enjoying the bass roar.


No comments:

Post a Comment