Pages

Monday 22 April 2024

Sunshine and flowers

 A bright, sunny day looked great from my bed but the air temperature was 6 degC and it felt even colder with the Arctic wind blowing - I expected to see penguins, it was that cold.

Earlier in the week, I had done something new for me - I bought cleaning fluids! The roof had some algae growing on it, so I blew £34 on Autoglym roof cleaner and sealant. Total waste of money - it looked better afterwards but only because I scraped the algae off. I could have done that with normal car shampoo. I put the sealer stuff on, which is supposed to have UV protecting and water beading properties - we'll see. I also bought some cheap Halfords spray-on wax but I never got time to use it - hopefully soon and I'm expecting miracles.

Strangely, despite the temperature and wind, with the roof down, heated seats on, it was fine and I met up with the Porksters at Denbies at 8am:



I was able to pass on my wooden spoon to someone else, who's car was still cleaner than Barry but I was ineligible, luckily...

We then headed off (with me leading, for some strange reason) for an amble down the A24 to the Old Barn garden centre, where we took over the still-empty car park:





(That's a Chesil, not an original 356, but still looked great).

After an enjoyable breakfast and some chat, I had to shoot off a little earlier than the others (dog walking promises) and I had a nice drive back, chasing down some 60s Midget-type car, with full rollbar and chunky wheels - he was doing 105; pretty impressive in that rickety looking thing. I obviously had to go past him just to prove a point...

I love the A25 on sunny days - all the garage queens come out; E-types, old Alfas, numerous Lotus's and supercars - great fun just to watch.

Devon in Zedster this weekend and my Wales trip is looking good as I put a post on the Boxa forum and got 2 people keen to join me, so that's in 3 weeks or so.

Road trip season is here - woohoooo!!


No comments:

Post a Comment