Pages

Tuesday 20 February 2024

Re-wheeled

 So I went to get the tyres fitted and the guy tells me that the wheel with the bulging tyre is also a little buckled - he struggled to get it balanced. Looks like I hit a pothole, damaged the rim and caused the bulge in the tyre?

Now, I have had a vague plan to change to 18" wheels because most people say they are the sweet spot for the Boxster; look good but also have some more rubber to help with ride comfort. With the news of the wheel damage, I decided to bite the bullet and go for it.

A bit of searching and haggling on eBay and I bought a set of 18" wheels for £550 with reasonable condition tyres. The only difference was the fact the fronts were 245 rather than the standard 235 but I hoped that would make minimal difference....hmmmm....

Anyway, wheels bought and swapped over:



I do prefer the design of these and they are in perfect condition, unlike my 19" originals. Out on the road, they are more comfortable but that larger front set do tramline a little more as well. I can live with it for now, until I buy a new set, when I'll revert to 235s.

My 19" set are on eBay and already at £300 with a few days to go, so I might even make a profit on this swap. Unlikely, knowing my luck...


No comments:

Post a Comment