Pages

Sunday 26 November 2023

Devils Punchbowl

Last weekend, went on an enjoyable short run from Dunsfold to the Devils Punchbowl with the Porksters:




Fun run, great little caff I'd not been to before - good day. This group are fairly new (been going a year or 2, I believe) but they're pretty active, although only for short runs (this one was 25 miles or so).

I've started a thread to try persuade a few of them to do a road trip like I've done several times with my kit car group. I don't have enough holiday next year to do the week-long trip my kit car people are going on, so will try arrange a 4 day trip to Wales. See how it goes...

This weekend, we met up on Saturday in a pub in Guildford for Xmas meal and beers, which was enjoyable. Today, I did a little run to a new cafe I've been trying to get too; Torque Motors Cafe near Rusper. I had a good run there and it was a great place; lots of car-related stuff all over the walls, F1 on a big screen, driving sim to hire, great food and coffee - perfect. Must take others here...



I've also paid for TomTom Go on my phone. Never been a fan of TT (my kit car people had so many problems with it) but it works with Android Auto and allows proper routes which can be shared with others (unlike Google Maps, for example). It's only £20 per year, which isn't too bad and it worked OK on this test drive today

No comments:

Post a Comment