Pages

Saturday 1 June 2024

Oily at last

 Finally got round to doing something vaguely mechanical; an oil change. The last one was only done 4k miles ago but it was 2 years ago and I've overfilled it since with the useless lift cleaner additive, to try cure the tick at idle.

I may have struck gold by getting in touch with a guy from the Boxa forum who lives 20 minutes from me and has a lift and enough tools to run a decent garage business, if he wanted. Using his lift to do the oil change made the job even easier than it is anyway.

Hopefully, if I never to anything more major, I can use his lift again.

Most amazing, the oil change seems to have cured the tick at idle - see if it comes back but really nice to not have that ticking away at the lights.

Also, I bought a new fuel cap as the tether broke on the old one.

Simply Porsche event at Beaulieu tomorrow - in preparation, cleaned Barry to within an inch of his life (well, to my low standard) and he does look great; one big advantage of the silver colour.


No comments:

Post a Comment