Pages

Monday 8 January 2024

Yup, still here...

 Nothing exciting to post - been making sure I go out at least once a week to prevent any battery death.

Between xmas and NY, went to a meet at a Sevens car dealership near Brands Hatch - surprisingly good, with loads of different cars and this amazing Bentley in their workshop:


I don't think it was a real model of Bentley, more like a restomod as it had all new mechanics (disc brakes etc) and a huge, stupid wing on the rear. But funky...

Last weekend was a meet with the Porksters at the Devil's Punchbowl again. Utterly freezing (around 1 degC) but a decent turnout of around 14 cars:



Very glad of my heated seats and proper car heating compared to Zedster. I did put the roof down on the way home for the last few miles when the sun came out and it was bearable, although not for a longer drive. I also found quite a good route using the TomTom Go app - took me down some very dubious almost-cart tracks but also found some very nice B-roads which allowed some fun.

I got a new camera for xmas (surprise! No...) and bought a semi-decent suction mount and it holds on to the wind deflector between the seats pretty well. The new external mic definitely is a huge improvement over my old camera and the new one also has a front screen which I can see in the mirror, so I can easily tell if it is recording (the main problem with my old one). Just need to go on a decent trip to record something...


No comments:

Post a Comment